Our family has been making this wonderful recipe for YEARS. Out of any chili, this one is our absolute favorite, and it’s also very easy to put together. I originally found this recipe over at Allrecipes, and only recently learned that the lovely lady who created this recipe has her own blog! Her name is Valerie over at From Valerie’s Kitchen, and you can learn more about her here. Now that I know about her blog, you can be sure I will check out more of her recipes. If they’re anything like this one, I’ll be thrilled!
The only things I do differently – I use ground turkey breast instead of ground turkey. Yes, it’s leaner, but the flavor is still amazing without the fat. I add more garlic and definitely extra red pepper flakes. I’ve also had this recipe as is, and it is FABULOUS – these are just personal preferences after years of making this deliciousness.
Batch Cooking With Hassle-Free Cleanup
When big batches of pasta, soup, stew, or chili are on the menu, reach for this 8-qt. (7.6-L) nonstick stock pot. It’s never been easier to batch cook or prep for family get-togethers and special events. With high-quality nonstick coatings inside and out, this pot releases food effortlessly—and because it’s dishwasher-safe, cleanup is easy.
About Brilliance Nonstick Cookware
Brilliance cookware is where design and performance meet: It’s top-notch cookware with the performance you expect from Pampered Chef, plus the gorgeous design you want in your kitchen. Like your favorite pair of blue jeans, this cookware will never go out of style.
- 10-year guarantee
- 8-qt. (7.6-L) capacity
- Includes a lid
- 8-layer construction with aluminum core for fast, even heating
- Interior and exterior nonstick coatings resist scratches and help release food easily
- The stainless-steel cap on the bottom of the pan means you can cook on any stovetop—even induction!
- Made without PFOA
- Heat-safe to 480°F (250°C)
Click the link to get yours today: 8-qt. (7.6-L) Nonstick Stock Pot
Let’s jump right in!!
- 2-pounds ground turkey
- 28-ounces crushed tomatoes
- 15-ounces tomato sauce
- 15.5-ounce can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5-ounce can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1-3 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- Chopped onions
- Sour cream
- Shredded Mexican cheese
Chop onion and press garlic cloves.
In large pot over medium heat, cook ground turkey until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Add in the remaining ingredients, bringing to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Remove bay leaves, and serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
That’s it! Please let me know if you give this a try by dropping a comment and photo below. Let’s make great food together!
NOVEMBER – Hosts can earn TWO items or sets of ANYTHING stoneware 60% off!!
Scan the QR code below, I would be thrilled to help you get some FREE and discounted!!
The BEST Turkey Chili – From Valerie’s Kitchen
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1-3 cloves garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ½ tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 dried bay leaves, or 1 fresh
- diced onion
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- sliced jalapenos
- Chop onion and press garlic cloves.
- In large pot over medium heat, cook ground turkey until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, bringing to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve immediately with toppings of your choice.