Smashed potatoes that are both crispy AND fluffy? Yes, PLEASE!! Full of flavor, and oh-so-easy to make, try not to eat them all by yourself! I wanted to try to make these potatoes using the Garlic & Herb Rub from Pampered Chef – it was such a hit, that they were devoured within minutes of coming out of the oven. I will have to double this recipe for the hungry people in my family!
While you can boil your potatoes first, I really like to use my Deluxe Multi Cooker to pressure cook the potatoes instead; this way, they are not sitting in water, which I feel results in a crispier outside, while still being fluffy on the inside. Perfection!
The key to getting the outside crispy is letting them cool on a rack for ten minutes after pressure cooking or boiling, in order to remove any water left on the potatoes. The bonus in using the Deluxe Multi Cooker is that it is hands free cooking, leaving you to do something else while the potatoes are cooking in the first step. Easy peasy!
I used my Half Sheet Pan & Baking Rack Set to first cool the potatoes, then to roast them. Not only do they crisp beautifully, but nothing sticks to this pan.
Here’s the info on these items:
Half Sheet Pan & Baking Rack Set
If you love easy, fast sheet-pan dinners, the Half Sheet Pan & Baking Rack Set is just what you need. By combining your sheet pan and rack, you’ll be able to cook meat more evenly, and vegetables and bacon will be crispier. You can also keep greasy foods out of the drippings while cooking.
Half Sheet Pan
- 12″ x 17″ x 1″.
- Heavy-gauge aluminized steel resists corrosion and provides even heat distribution.
- Conventional- and convection-oven safe.
- 16½” x 11¾” x 4½”.
- Nonstick coating.
- Legs fold for compact storage.
- Also works as a cooling rack.
A fragrant combination of garlic, basil and rosemary that adds great flavor to grilled meats and is delicious as a dip with sour cream and mayonnaise. 1.9 oz. Gluten-free.
Pressure Cooker, Sous Vide Cooker, Slow Cooker, Yogurt Maker, and Sterilizer
Our pressure cooker offers so many ways to get a delicious meal on the table with minimal effort and perfect results, every time. In addition to quick cooking—fast, flavorful meals cooked up to 70% faster than other methods even from frozen—and no-fuss slow cooking so it does it thing while you’re doing yours, you can sous vide, the secret to restaurant-quality steaks, fish, and more. With sous vide, you pick the temperature, and it cooks to the exact doneness you love, every time! No more under-cooked centers and overcooked outsides. After your food reaches your perfect doneness, it can stay put for up to two hours without overcooking, giving you lots of wiggle room for serving. Plus, there is a yogurt function so you can make homemade yogurt with just two ingredients and less than 5 minutes of hands-on time, and you can even sterilize bottles and utensils. All of this without ever turning on the oven!
With 16 preprogrammed settings at your fingertips, you can cook everything from meat, rice, and beans to desserts minus the guesswork. Some added features include an indicator that shows at-a-glance progress of preheating, cooking, and warming so you always know the status of what you’re making and two lid rest slots on the back so you can securely rest the lid on the Deluxe Multi Cooker instead of your counter. The steam release button is safely positioned to keep your hands away from any steam and the outside of the unit stays cool even while in use.
- 6-qt. (5.6-L) capacity; 13″ x 15″ x 13″ (33 cm x 38 cm x 33 cm)
- Includes a stainless-steel inner pot, wire rack, and silicone seal which are all dishwasher-safe, and a cooking guide with recipes and cooking charts.
- 16 preprogrammed settings: Custom, Sear, Egg, Poultry, Beef/Pork, Seafood, White Rice, Whole Grains, Soup, Beans, Dessert, Steam, Slow Cook, Sous Vide, Yogurt, and Sterilize.
- Built in carrying handles, hidden cord storage, and an on/off switch.
- Separate display screen lets you adjust chime volume, brightness, Fahrenheit or Celsius, and adjust for high-altitude cooking if needed.
Click here to get your own Garlic & Herb Rub, here to get your Half Sheet Pan & Baking Rack Set, and here to get the Deluxe Multi Cooker today. You’ll be glad you did.
Let’s jump right in!
- 2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Garlic & Herb Rub
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat Italian parsley, for garnish
Place potatoes in steamer basket of the Deluxe Multi Cooker with 1 cup water, set to CUSTOM, 10 minutes. Press button to start.
Once timer goes off, release pressure and remove potatoes to cooling rack for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425°F/220⁰C.
Pour olive oil on half sheet pan, spreading with brush to coat pan. Add potatoes to pan, then use potato masher or fork to gently smash potatoes down, but not to the point of being smashed apart.
Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, then sprinkle with the Garlic & Herb Rub, salt and pepper.
Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
Remove from oven, garnish with freshly chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
That’s it! I hope that you’ll give this a try, and please leave a comment to let me know what you think about this recipe. I would love to hear from you. Let’s make great food together!
FEBRUARY – Hosts can earn 60% off STONEWARE!!
SALE ITEMS – The Deluxe Cooking Blender, Blender Accessories, the Manual Food Processor AND our Tastebuds Subscription are all on sale!!
GUESTS can earn the Skinny Scraper FREE with and $80 purchase, and BOTH the Skinny Scraper AND Donut Hole Pan FREE with a $100 purchase – plus FREE SHIPPING with any $150 purchase!!
Message me to place an order or to host – I would be thrilled to help you get some FREE and discounted!!
Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- 2 lb baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tsp Garlic and Herb Rub
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped flat Italian parsley for garnish
- Place potatoes in steamer basket of the Deluxe Multi Cooker with 1 cup water, set to CUSTOM, 10minutes. Press button to start.
- Once timer goes off, release pressure and remove potatoes to cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220⁰C.
- Pour olive oil on half sheet pan, spreading with brush to coat pan. Add potatoes to pan, then use potato masher or fork to gently smash potatoes down, but not to the point of being smashed apart.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, then sprinkle with the Garlic& Herb Rub, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
- Remove from oven, garnish with freshly chopped parsley, and serve immediately.