So simple to make, yet incredibly full of flavor, this Easy Coconut Rice recipe will quickly become a family favorite! I LOVE rice like my husband loves pasta, but I was getting bored of making it the same way.
I have had a mental block about using coconut in savory dishes forever. For me, coconut means sweet – ice cream, cookies, pie, you get the idea.
It was only when I made Sous Vide Mahi Mahi that I discovered a recipe for coconut rice, and I was intrigued. I really liked the recipe, but I hate cooking rice on the stove (I get way too distracted by everything).
I searched for other recipes and came across this gem from Sam and Dan over at Ahead of Thyme. You can learn more about them here. Such a beautiful family, and yet another terrific recipe! I previously made their Cranberry Apple Cobbler, which was divine.
I love this recipe because I can use my 3-Qt. Micro-Cooker Plus:
The 3-qt. Micro-Cooker® Plus cooks starchy side dishes like rice, quinoa, pasta, polenta, and potatoes in the microwave. It includes a boil-over guard that works with the lid to circulate liquids, so your microwave stays clean and free of spills.
Click here to get your 3-Qt. Micro-Cooker Plus today. You’ll be glad you did.
Let’s jump right in!!
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 (400mL) can Coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro freshly chopped for garnish
In a medium bowl, rinse Jasmine rice several times in cold water, until the water is clear. Drain rice, and place in 3-Qt. Micro-Cooker Plus. Add coconut milk, water, salt and sugar to micro-cooker, then stir to mix ingredients. Cover with lid.
Microwave 5 minutes on HIGH, then 10 minutes at 50% cooking power. Let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
Carefully remove lid, and fluff rice with fork. Top with freshly chopped cilantro, if desired.
That’s it! I hope that you’ll give this a try, and please leave a comment to let me know what you think about this recipe. I would love to hear from you. Let’s make great food together!!
JUNE 2023 – Hosts can earn DOUBLE FREE PRODUCTS!! BONUS Host a party with me between June 1-15th and you’ll receive the Summer TasteBuds Teaser Box FREE with $200 in guest sales! $35 value- details below!!
GUESTS Spend $90 – get a FREE Corn Butterer – Spend $120 – get a FREE Corn Butterer AND Mystery Gift! PLUS FREE SHIPPING with any $150 purchase!!
Please drop a comment below, or send me a message directly to place an order, or to schedule your in-home, virtual or catalog party with me – I would be thrilled to help you get some FREE and discounted!!
Easy Coconut Rice – Ahead of Thyme
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice rinsed
- 1 400mL can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1 tbsp cilantro freshly chopped for garnish – optional
- In a medium bowl, rinse Jasmine rice several times in cold water, until the water is clear. Drain rice,and place in 3-Qt.Micro-Cooker Plus. Add coconut milk, water, salt and sugar to micro-cooker, then stir to mix ingredients. Cover with lid.
- Microwave 5 minutes on HIGH, then 10 minutes at 50% cooking power. Let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove lid, and fluff rice with fork. Top with freshly chopped cilantro, if desired.