I love it when I come across a recipe during my research that is not only incredibly simple, but also delicious and will dress up any table, no matter what the occasion. These crispy leaf potatoes from Bee over at Rasa Malaysia are just such a recipe! You can learn more about Bee and her blog here. I’m only surprised that I had not heard of her before, she appears to be pretty famous!
Our Rapid-Prep Mandoline lets you safely slice, dice, julienne, and french-fry cut fruits and veggies in seconds. Simply select your cut, adjust its thickness from 8 thickness settings, and get prepping. Our mandoline’s stainless-steel blade cuts through tough veggies, so you can transform a variety of ingredients into beautiful slices.
And, you can cut ingredients with confidence—our mandoline is designed to safely keep hands clear of blades. When you’ve finished prepping, you can store the food chute and food pusher in the food catch tray and fold it flat, though you’ll use it so often, you may want to leave it on your counter!
Enameled cast iron is the kind of cookware that will become a fixture at every special meal you bake—and that includes weeknight meals. This baker is beautiful so it’s ready to go directly from your stove (including induction) or oven to your table. You’ll reach for it again and again because it’s low maintenance and versatile.
This baker has a light-colored enameled interior which means you can start using it right away—no seasoning required—and it lets you easily see food browning so you can avoid scorching it. Cast iron’s excellent heat retention means that food stays hot and delicious even if not everyone makes it to the table as soon as dinner’s ready.
Heat-safe up to 500°F (260°C), this pan is perfect for baking sides like vegetable casseroles, corn pudding, and stuffing. Its wide, shallow design makes lots of surface area for bubbly, cheesy browning in the oven. And, its shape lets you easily scrape food down the sides of the pan or flip food with a spatula. Say hello to perfect Scalloped Potatoes!
With the cooking traditions and durability of cast iron comes a certain weightiness. But not to worry—our bakers have two sturdy handles to help you lift and carry dishes from the oven right to your dinner table.
- Dishwasher safe for easy clean-up. Because the rim around the edge of the cast iron isn’t enameled, we recommend hand drying the baker when the cycle is finished to prevent rusting.
- 12.5” x 8.54” (31.75 cm x 21.69 cm)
- 2-qt., 8 cups (2 L)
- Lifetime guarantee
Let’s jump right in!!
- 3 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1.5 teaspoons fresh rosemary or oregano
Preheat your oven to 400°F/205⁰C.
Chop fresh rosemary or oregano.
Peel potatoes, then slice using the Rapid-Prep Mandoline at the Full Slice setting at 1 mm. Dry the potato slices with a paper towel, and place in large bowl.
Toss with butter, salt, pepper and rosemary until fully coated.
Place potato slices upright in 2- Qt. Enameled Cast Iron Baker or other casserole dish. Bake for one hour, or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown.
Garnish with more fresh rosemary and oregano as desired.
That’s it! They were really easy to make and very delicious. Next time, I think I will add in some freshly chopped garlic to add a different flavor. I hope that you’ll give this a try, and please leave a comment to let me know what you think about this recipe. I would love to hear from you. Let’s make great food together!
DECEMBER – Hosts can earn ANYTHING item 60% off!!
Scan the QR code below to shop, and message me to host – I would be thrilled to help you get some FREE and discounted!!
Crispy Leaf Potatoes – Rasa Malaysia (Video)
- 3 lbs Yukon gold potatoes
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1.5 tsp fresh rosemary or oregano
- Chop fresh rosemary or oregano.
- Peel potatoes, then slice using the Rapid-Prep Mandoline at the Full Slice setting at 1 mm. Dry the potato slices with a paper towel, and place in large bowl.
- Toss with butter, salt, pepper and rosemary until fully coated.
- Place potato slices upright in 2-Qt. Enameled Cast Iron Baker or other casserole dish. Bake for one hour, or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown.
- Garnish with more fresh rosemary or oregano as desired.