Tender, shredded chicken with flavorful salsa, topped with heaps of shredded cheese makes a wonderful and easy dinner any night of the week! I LOVE this recipe from Food.com, especially when it is paired with this homemade fire roasted salsa! I usually double the amount of chicken I make, so that I can double the filling, but freeze what I am not using. This way makes another night of dinner down the road, and all have to do is defrost and fill my tortillas!!
For this recipe, I used my Deluxe Electric Grill and Griddle. to cook the quesadillas, but you can certainly follow the original recipe and put them in the oven to finish. It was hot, and I did not want to heat up the house. Besides, cooking them on the DEGG took a couple of minutes, as opposed to 10+ minutes in the oven.
I use this to make pancakes and bacon at the same time, burgers, perfect grilled cheese, and I have also cooked thick chicken breast and steaks in minutes, because you are cooking both sides at the same time. Plus, it comes with a temperature probe to ensure your meat is properly cooked. Here’s some more info:
Rest assured, any time of the day or night, a delicious meal or quick snack is within easy reach. Whether you’re making breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, or apps, this multitasker is ready when you are. And when your day does a 180, so will this grill, turning out family favorites and inspiring something fresh and new.
You’ll get four nonstick plates: two ridged grill plates and two smooth griddle plates that can be used in any combination and can be set to different temperatures for endless possibilities. For no-guess cooking, just set the included temperature probe to how you want your food cooked, and it’ll let you know when it’s ready. And it comes with a cooking guide with handy charts and delicious recipes.
There are three cooking positions for maximum versatility. You can cook with the lid closed to use as a contact press to grill meat and to turn out restaurant-style sandwiches, or you can open the grill flat on the counter to cook on both plates at the same time. There is also a Top Melt position so the top hovers over without touching the food to melt cheese. Plus, you can adjust the height of the top so it won’t smash thicker foods.
- Includes 4 nonstick cooking plates: 2 grill (ridged), 2 griddle (smooth); temperature probe, drip tray, cleaning tool, removable drip shield, and a cooking guide.
- 8 settings: Custom, Sear, Panini, Grill, Griddle, Keep Warm, Probe, and Top/Btm (dual temperature setting)
- Close to store
- Cord storage
- 17″ x 14″ (43 cm x 35 cm)
If you like what you see, click here to get yours today!
The beauty of this recipe is that you can use a store-bought cooked chicken, jarred salsa and have dinner on the table in no time. Let’s jump right in!
2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup salsa
1⁄3 cup sliced green onions
1 teaspoon cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
Six 8-inch flour tortillas
1⁄4 cup butter, melted
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Place chicken in Multi Cooker with 1 cup water, set to CUSTOM, 10 minutes. Press button to start. Once timer goes off, release pressure and shred chicken.
In a skillet, combine the first 6 ingredients. Over medium heat, cook uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Preheat Deluxe Electric Grill and Griddle to PANINI Setting, time 2:30, press button to start.
Brush one side of tortillas with butter. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of unbuttered side of each tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese; fold in half.
Once preheated, add quesadillas to Grill, place in CLOSED position and cook @ 1:30 or until crisp.
Alternatively, you can place on a lightly greased baking sheet, and bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
Cut into wedges; serve with your favorite toppings.
That’s it! Please let me know if you make this recipe, and if you like it. I would love to hear from you!
July Only! Summer Sunset Sale! Get 20% off select products, before they’re gone!! Click here to shop.
Get ANY $25 product FREE for yourself in July when you host a virtual or in-person Pampered Chef Party:
FREE GIFT WITH PURCHASE: Check out the items below that we have on sale for the month of JULY, and scan the link below to shop!
NOTE: If you love any or ALL of the products that I’ve shared with you, but don’t want to pay full price, I am now scheduling virtual and in-home Pampered Chef parties for JULY, where you can see our newest products and as a host have the opportunity to get some Free and at 60% off! Contact me today to schedule your party. Let’s make great food together!!
Shredded Chicken Quesadillas
- 2.5 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place chicken in Multi Cooker with 1 cup water, set to CUSTOM, 10 minutes. Press button to start. Once timer goes off, release pressure and shred chicken.
- Grate 2 cups cheese.
- In a skillet, combine the first 6 ingredients. Over medium heat, cook uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat Deluxe Electric Grill and Griddle to PANINI Setting, time 2:30, press button to start.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of the unbuttered side of each tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese; fold in half.
- Once preheated, add quesadillas to Grill, place in CLOSED position and cook @ 1:30 or until crisp. Alternatively,you can place on a lightly greased baking sheet, and bake at 475 degrees for 10minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Cut into wedges; serve with your favorite toppings.